About the Grant
Young Audiences and Far West Recycling have partnered together for more than 25 years to bring arts programming to K-8 Beaverton students. This grant of up to $3,000 per school provides funding for programs with Young Audiences artists, including:
- school-wide performances
- classroom residencies or workshops
- school community arts projects (e.g., entry murals, courtyard sculptures)
- family arts nights.
Current Grant Cycle
Applications were due by October 14th
A Few Past Projects
- Aloha-Huber Park K-8 School’s middle school students participated in Ghanaian drumming workshops with Okropong/The Obo Addy Legacy Project and all students and their families were invited to a Family Arts Night where Okropong/The Obo Addy Legacy Project performed.
- West Tualatin View Elementary brought storyteller Will Hornyak to be a part of their All Star Reading Club celebration.
- Nomadic Theatre Co worked on Physical Theater, Movement and Circus Skills with Sexton Mountain Elementary’s 2nd and 3rd grade students.